This role reports directly into the Test Supervisor. The purpose of the role is to test a variety of products to a specified test sheet. Testing methods include; Hydraulic pressure testing, external water testing, load testing, back to back testing and N&V Testing.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that roles and responsibilities are clearly understood prior to commencing testing procedures.
- Co-ordinating and carrying out test activities to allow successful testing of components and assemblies.
- Testing a variety of products to an approved test sheet. Testing methods include Hydraulic pressure testing, external water testing, load testing, back to back testing and N&V Testing.
- Understanding and producing quality products to the required cleanliness requirement.
- Feeding back to the relevant parties any non-conformance and taking an active role in problem solving and remedial actions.
- Being responsible for ensuring that all departmental policies and procedures are documented, maintained, communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Communicating with team members on a regular basis. Feeding back to supervisor of any requirements.
- Ensuring the accurate completion of all paperwork. This will include all route cards are complete and signed off and Test Instruction Sheets (T.I.S’s) are completed accurately and to schedule.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have a mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
- Have good all-round knowledge and experience of hydraulic systems/equipment.
- Have experience of pressure testing/functional testing of hydraulic equipment.
- Have experience of carrying out hydraulic flushing to ensure cleanliness of hydraulic equipment.
- Have experience of performing load testing to components and fabrications.
- Be efficient in reading/understanding engineering drawings and hydraulic circuits.
- Be able to follow processes and plans on test instruction sheets (T.I.S’s)
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- A 4- day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Hours of 07:00 – 16:45 and Opportunity for overtime (Job Dependent)
- Night Shift Allowance (Job dependent)
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park.
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.