Trainee Production Planner
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Trainee Operations Planners to work in our Production Planning Department.
This role reports directly into the Production Planning Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide overall support to the production planning team and take an active role in learning and contribute to improving the existing process.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for producing valid operating plans for the shop floor on a weekly basis by balancing available capacity with predicted loads.
- Communicate the weekly work center load to the shop floor supervisors & team leaders in the form of detailed work center schedules.
- Provide guidance to shop floor supervisors and team leaders in how best to organize resources to achieve the plan.
- Ensuring that each scheduled operation meets the required due date according to the higher-level schedules demanded by project activities and customer orders.
- Determine the status of assigned project activities, expedite operations and materials that delay schedule and alter the schedules to meet unforeseen activities.
- Focus on achieving Invoice Milestones.
- Take action to ensure that all scheduled work is prepared for release to production complete and on time – expedite all material shortages in advance.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have a HNC (or equivalent) in Engineering or completed an engineering apprenticeship.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Have a methodical and organized work ethic and be able to plan ahead and prioritize work.
- Be able to set and meet targets.
- Be able to work to a weekly deadline.
- Have a willingness to embrace ongoing learning and personal development.
- Be enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- Be a solution-based thinker.
- Have commitment to excellence.
- Be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office packages and the confidence to learn new IT systems.
- Be able to set and meet targets.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.