The purpose of this role is to work as part of a fast-paced fabrication team within a busy and innovative engineering workshop. The successful candidate will report directly to the Welding Supervisor, however, there is a high level of autonomy within the role.
Duties will include:
- Making sure that all relevant information and associated paperwork within the works order is available prior to starting.
- Checking that material issued matches the requirements of the drawings and work order information sheets.
- Checking the WPS against the drawings and/or weld logs.
- Checking all welding consumables issued are correct against the WPS and are applicable for the job.
- Recording and completing paperwork associated with work packs.
- Demonstrating a high standard of Health and Safety and housekeeping.
Essential skills and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be a time served welder having served a recognised apprenticeship.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Have experience of reading engineering/technical drawings and making to specification.
- Have excellent communications skills.
- Be comfortable working in a busy environment and be able to use your initiative and plan in advance.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Be self-motivated with a good work ethic and attention to detail is essential.
- NC Cladding experience.
- A high level of fabrication skill.
- Previous coded welding experience in a variety of processes.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required.