MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Welder in our Welding department.
This role reports directly to the Welding Supervisor. The role is to work as part of a fast-paced fabrication team within a busy and innovative engineering workshop. There is a high level of autonomy within the role. The successful applicant can expect a 4 day working week with a competitive salary.
Duties will include:
- Making sure that all relevant information and associated paperwork within the works order is available prior to starting.
- Checking that material issued matches the requirements of the drawings and work order information sheets.
- Checking the WPS against the drawings and/or weld logs
- Checking all welding consumables issued are correct against the WPS and are applicable for the job.
- Recording and completing paperwork associated with work packs.
- Demonstrating a high standard of Health and Safety and housekeeping.
- Carrying out any other miscellaneous tasks that you are suitably trained for.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by the appropriate line managers.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge.
- Be a time served welder having served a recognised Apprenticeship.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Have experience of reading engineering/technical drawings and making to specification.
- Have excellent communications skills.
- Be comfortable working in a busy environment and be able to use your initiative and plan in advance.
- Be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Be self-motivated with a good work ethic and attention to detail is essential.