This role reports into the Assembly Manager. The purpose of the role is to assist in the manufacture and testing of hydraulic and mechanical equipment.
Duties will include:
- Using a variety of hand tools and power tools to allow the successful building of units.
- Follow assembly process plans to assemble components to the required standard.
- Being responsible for ensuring that all departmental policies and procedures are documented, maintained, communicated, understood, and adhered to.
- Communicating with team members on a regular basis. Feeding back to supervisor of any requirements.
- Ensuring the accurate completion of all documentation to schedule.
- The successful candidate may also be asked, from time to time, to work with the Production Management & Planning teams to implement methods to improve efficiency, quality and production lead times whilst reducing costs.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Have completed a mechanical apprenticeship (additional training may be given).
- Good all round knowledge and experience of Mechanical assembly.
- Efficient in reading/understanding engineering drawings.
- Capable of following manufacturing processes and plans.