MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Project Coordinator to work in our Projects Department.
This role reports directly into the Head of Project Management. The purpose of the role is to assist our team of Project Managers with the management of major projects and to manage smaller, lower risk projects.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with various departments in order to investigate and resolve project related issues.
- Liaising with customers from the project inception through to order delivery.
- Managing low value, low risk projects.
- Investigating cost anomalies and resolving schedule conflicts.
- Ensuring project schedules are maintained within the company ERP system.
- Attending internal and customer project reviews and preparing minutes.
- Collating and managing risks identified within the projects.
- Preparing contract review data on a monthly basis.
Essential skills, experience, and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must;
- Be qualified in a related discipline and/or will have prior experience in an engineering environment.
- Have the ability to work efficiently and to prioritise a diverse range of tasks.
- Will have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to develop sustainable relationships across the business.
- Have knowledge and experience of MS Office applications including Project & Excel.
- Be prepared to learn new skills and will be interested in self-development within the role.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- Reward and Recognition Scheme and access to Perkbox which offers a host of discounts.
- At MacTaggart Scott, your health and safety is one of our top priorities, and our onsite H&S team take a rigorous approach in managing risks and protecting you. Our H&S committee meets regularly to carry out their own checks and discuss what MTS can do to improve our standards.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program and committee, as well as our Employee Assistance Programme, and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.