Project Engineer (Lead Design Engineer)
MacTaggart Scott are looking to recruit a Project Engineer to work in our Engineering Department.
The Project Engineer will provide the technical lead for projects. The Project Engineer will manage activities to ensure that design solutions are delivered on time, to budget and meet customer expectations. The Project Engineer will be minimally supervised and will work closely with the Design Manager.
Duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the engineering content of a variety of marine based projects, including leading the project design team, technical compliance, budget and programme management and customer communication.
- Ensuring thorough project awareness from the initial requirement specification through to final customer acceptance is essential.
- Providing innovative design solutions within timescale and budget, including supporting calculations and analysis.
- Ensuring that the product costs are established and optimized throughout the design evolution
- Providing technical input to bids and enquiries.
- Solving problems experienced during equipment build and test in the workshop.
- Supporting for in-service issues.
- Identifying areas of risk in the delivery to the project schedule or cost and plan mitigation work.
- Assisting to coordinate and drive risk management across the design projects.
- Assisting with ensuring that Lessons Learned is actively implemented in a timely manner within the design project schedules.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge requirements:
The successful candidate must have;
- Experience with solid modeling design tools including structural analysis using finite element modelling.
- A flair for problem solving and innovation, a flexible approach to work activities
- Track record of creating and checking high quality manufacturing drawings.
- Experience in creating and checking high quality production drawings.
- Intermediate or more MS Office Skills.
Your future at MacTaggart Scott – What we offer you.
- As part of our Healthy Work-Life Balance employees can choose between a 4- or 5-day working week. Allowing you to fit work around your priorities and personal life, not the other way round.
- Flexible working hours between 07:00 and 19:00, and core hours of 09:30 – 15:30.
- Our leave policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, paid parental leave, military reservist leave, plus more.
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, with a dedicated Learning and Development team.
- A generous referral programme.
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program as well as our Employee Assistance Programme and an onsite nurse.
- Onsite Canteen and Car Park
MacTaggart Scott primarily supports the Naval Defence industry, providing complete solutions to customer needs from analysis of initial customer requirements, to design and manufacture, and right through to commissioning and through life support. Established in 1898, we are proud of our history and tradition, but believe that sustainable competitive advantage can only be achieved through continuous improvement, investment, and a commitment to business excellence at every level within the company.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required. The security clearance restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.